website metrics Computer Crash
Wire it Yourself.com - Do it Yourself Home Wiring Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2024, 05:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
833 Posts in 290 Topics by 405 Members
Latest Member: Jscoyne2
* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Wire it Yourself.com - Do it Yourself Home Wiring Forum
|-+  Computer Problems
| |-+  Banging your head on your monitor?
| | |-+  Computer Crash
Pages: [1] | Go Down Print
Author Topic: Computer Crash  (Read 12832 times)
JP
Administrator
Master Member

« on: January 04, 2008, 11:58:02 PM »

Let me share with you one of my recent computer problems, it may help if you are having similar problems.

Not too long ago my home PC started generating errors for certain programs, even Windows update so I’m thinking some kind of spyware or software conflict and went about uninstalling, reinstalling, running spyware programs and trying to figure out exactly what was causing the errors. After many hours of work with no success I woke up one mourning to a complete crash. Luckily I had everything backed up so in a way I felt a sense of relief, my problem was over and I could reformat, reinstall and start fresh with no errors.

Reformat and reinstall successful, my PC ran like a dream with no errors. To my surprise a few weeks later my errors came back along with a few new problems. Now it was driving totally crazy, a few searches on the web gave me an idea that I should have thought of before but did not. I ran a disk check on my hard drive and sure enough I had bad sectors and one of my Windows system files was on it, the disk check fixed it and all the errors went away. But needless to say my very next step was to buy a new hard drive and start over again. Now everything is working like a charm!

The problem cost me a lot of time and I hope that by sharing this that it may save someone a lot of time and grief.
Pages: [1] | Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Fluke Corporation 322 AC Clamp Meter Greenlee TK-30 Basic Electrical Kit Klein CL200 600 Amp AC Clamp Meter with Temperature Sensor