website metrics Internet Powerline Network Adapters
Wire it Yourself.com - Do it Yourself Home Wiring Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2024, 05:02:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
833 Posts in 290 Topics by 405 Members
Latest Member: Jscoyne2
* Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
+  Wire it Yourself.com - Do it Yourself Home Wiring Forum
|-+  Grab Bag
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Internet Powerline Network Adapters
Pages: [1] | Go Down Print
Author Topic: Internet Powerline Network Adapters  (Read 9346 times)
Traffo

« on: December 12, 2016, 05:05:50 PM »

I have the shed at the bottom of the garden kitted out nicely as a bit of a man cave.  It's taking good shape and makes a nice retreat. I have the old arm chair, radio/ cd player and even a mini fridge packed in.  The only thing is, it's not picking up the WiFi signal from the house.  Or sometimes it picks up a weak signal and then a few minutes later it's dropping out.
It's driving me mad.  The neighbours' is actually coming through as strong as my own.... but I don't know his password.

One of the lads said I should think about installing a Powerline Network Adapter.  Apparently it will run a data signal over the electric cable network.  I've never even heard of it before.  has anyone tried using this set up before and what did you think of it?
Traffo

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 09:51:13 AM »

Just found this explainer online:
https://www.greasemonkeydirect.com/blogs/news/whats-all-this-i-hear-about-powerline-network-adapters
It looks like a good solution for bringing internet to areas where you're just out of reach.  It uses the existing electric power lines alright, so it seems like a tidy solution.
I'll let you know how I get on.  gOING to put an order in now.  No time like the present.
Pages: [1] | Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Fluke Corporation 322 AC Clamp Meter Greenlee TK-30 Basic Electrical Kit Klein CL200 600 Amp AC Clamp Meter with Temperature Sensor